Mission Hills


What are the hours of operation for City Hall?

City Hall is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. excluding holidays.

Who do I call regarding no water at my home or water leaks in the street?

Call Water District #1 of Johnson County at 913-895-5500.

Who do I call about sanitary sewer questions?

Call Johnson County Wastewater at 913-715-8500.

Who do I call to report a power outage?

Call KCP&L at 1-888-544-4852.

Where do I go to resolve traffic ticket issues?

For traffic issues, visit the Municipal Court at 7700 Mission Road, Prairie Village, Kansas. Court is in session the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 6 p.m. You can contact them at 913-385-4680.

What are the established time limits for noise?

CONSTRUCTION: Construction machinery noise is allowed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Heavy construction noise is only permitted from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. All construction noise is prohibited on Sunday and on legal holidays. LAWN: Gas-powered lawn care equipment noise is allowed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. any day of the week. Country clubs are permitted to run equipment from sunrise to sunset any day of the week. MUSIC: Noise from sound equipment or musical instrument is permitted from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday *If you experience noise outside of the established time limitation, call the Police Department's non-emergency number 913-642-5151.

What are the regulations for solicitation?

Door-to-door solicitors are not requried to obtain a permit from the City. No soliciting is alloweed at residences that have "No Solicitation" decals posted, which are available at City Hall. Solicitors may only solicit between the hours 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. April 1 through September 1.

What activities do I need a permit for?

A permit is needed for block parties; photography/filming in the City; garage/estate/moving sales; wedding; events in public parks; holiday lighting; firework displays; building/construction activity; and tours/ticketed events.

Can I post signs on my property?

You may have one yard sign made of sound structural quality on your property for any length of time. In addition, you may have one temporary sign made of flimsier material such as paper for any length of time. No more than three (3) temporary signs may be placed on any lot from June 15 through August 15 and September 15 through November 15. All signs on your property must be at least 10 feet back from the curb line and all signs must be maintained in good condition.

How do I find information about the trash/recycling program?

Weekly trash, recycling, and yard waste pickup is provided by Deffenbaugh Disposal of Waste Management. Yard waste is picked up every Monday and must be placed in paper bags or a rigid container no larger than 35 gallons with no plastic bags. Tree trimmings and small limbs must be bundled with twine or another biodegradable tie and cannot be longer than 3 feet. There is no limit to the amount of yard waste that can be put at the curb side as long as it adheres to these requirements. Mission Hills provides heavy household item pickup every spring and fall, please check the Events Calendar for these dates.